1. Clean your fridge. If your fridge is starting to smell, you need to find out what is causing the stink, so start by giving it a good clean.
Turn off your fridge and put all of the contents in an esky. Mix water and baking soda together to make a thick paste and use it clean the inside of your fridge. The baking soda mix will not only get rid of stains but will eliminate the odours too!
2. Natural smell-absorbers. Keep you fridge smelling sweet by using one of these natural deodorisers.
- Vanilla or lemon balls. Simply soak some cotton balls in either lemon juice or vanilla essence or and pop them in your fridge for 24 hours.
- Baking soda. Fill a small container with baking soda and leave it inside your fridge. It is great for absorbing smells.
- Freshly ground coffee. As you may have learnt in our fridge food tips guide coffee grounds absorb smells. Sprinkle fresh grounds on a plate and leave it in your fridge for 24 hours. Instead of discarding them, mix them with soil to make a great fertilizer.If you are not a coffee drinker ask your local café for some grinds – they are often happy to help!